AMBOSS has teamed up with Effigos to make anatomical study even more accessible and efficient! The new 3D-viewer allows you to rotate and zoom into high-definition 3D models, hide structures or make them transparent, and even show substructures in detail. Additional features, such as a search function, cropping, and labels that can be toggled on and off, further enhance the user experience. Specially prepared tours and views of the models help you dive deep into a topic and thoroughly study individual models on your own.
The functions described below allow you to freely explore the detailed models and study the topics important to you on your own.
The interactive tours guide you through particular topics and illustrate these using 3D models. You can rotate the model to any view throughout the tour.
- Tours with audio can be played like videos.
- Tours without audio are navigated using the arrow keys.
A curated selection of views of the models complements the tours, illustrating important aspects of a topic at a single glance.
Models, tours, and views
|3D Models||3D Tours and Views|
System requirements and help
- Interactive use of the 3D models requires an up-to-date browser version, preferably Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. iPads require iPadOS version 13.2 or higher.
- The software has been optimized for large screens. A 10-inch or larger screen is recommended.
- For optimal access to all functions, we recommend using a mouse and keyboard. Tips provided by the Help assistant refer to these input devices. Most functions will also be touch-screen compatible. The Help menu (i) explains both input options.
The Help assistant opens at the initial startup. It gives you an interactive tutorial of the 3D viewer. If you follow the instructions on the blue notepad correctly, the assistant will automatically proceed to the next tip. Once all the steps of a topic have been explained, the corresponding assistant will close automatically. You can restart the tutorial at any time in the help menu.